Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Another Dr. Visit

We had another office visit today. It was as simple as the rest have been. The purpose of today's visit was for some blood work. Two weeks ago, we discussed the option of having this blood work done, but it was too early for an accurate test.

At today's visit, it was our usual Q & A session. Not many questions because we were just there. We did get to hear the baby's heartbeat, again. At this point, we probably cannot hear that sound too much! I'm up one pound, which I thought was pretty good for a 2 week period. Since Daniel's been so eager to go with me to these appointments, I told him he should be scaling up when we get there too. Since he did not feel there was any medical significance for keeping track with his weight gain/loss, I didn't put up a fight. I'll just keep trying to feed him "heavier" food so that I am not lonely when I start to really tip that scale.

We'll go back one more time before the year is over. I'm certain that will include another glucose screen, hopefully it comes out as good as the first one! I was hoping for an ultrasound before Christmas, but looks like it may be the first of the year. We're OK with waiting, we're hoping that means that we will be able to see even more during that long awaited ultrasound!

On Thanksgiving, I met two of the babies our doctor delivered. (Of course, they are no longer babies, they are beautiful girls, now 12 and 14 years old.) Their mom assured me of how great the doctor was during both of her pregnancies. Who doesn't want to hear the good stuff, right? It's a good thing we have some time to get to know the doctor, so far, I like her more after each visit.

No comments: