I never know how long I've got -- a minute or an hour, so I'll try to type quick. Don't be too critical of my spelling, grammer, and good luck muddling through my thoughts. There are so many thoughts I'd like to get out.
Shelby's four months old - as of September 8. She's absolutely awesome! At her 4 month check up she weighed 17 pounds 11 ounces -- that's almost 10 pounds in 4 months. I'm certain she knows her name and of course, mom and dad.
She's still ruling our world and lacks a rigid schedule. Honestly, it works for her and it works for us, so I don't figure we'll change that anytime soon. I figure she'll rule our world for many years to come...I'm a big believer that these are the easy times...
Within the last few weeks she's recognized the dogs are here. Within the last week, they bring her more joy than before. We just have to tell her to look at Daisy, Missy or Rita, and once they are in her view, she's laughing and laughing at them. They are still very tollerant of her and will occassionally give her a little sniff. When they sniff her, she laughs.
We've started baby food. She's an excellent little eater -- no surprise there! I haven't found a food she doesn't like. Physically, Shelby loves to stand. She & her dad play a game of stand up/sit down. He'll tell her to stand up, then he'll tell her to sit down. While I'm showering or making dinner I'll hear his audible and hear her laughing, so I know what game they are playing. It is amazing to me how attached she is to both of us. She can just about sit on her own and when she discovered that a few weeks ago, she would laugh at the baby in the mirror "sitting all by herself". I've got a picture of her as my desktop picture. She likes to see the baby on the computer too. At first she would laugh her little "ha ha ha" laugh. Now she smiles and tries to talk to her. She's definately talking more -- she'll even talk to her dolls and stuffed animals. Amazing how much she has learned in her first four months of life. I think her favorite room must be the bathroom. She's completely entertained in there, I'm not sure what is so entertaining, but something is! She's always laughing and talking in ther.
Here's what I know you're here to see...a glimpse into what we see every day. PICTURES
Time is flying, so we are doing our best to spend as much time with her as humanly possible. I haven't taken nearly enough pictures of video, so I pray that I will remember how wonderful these days have been for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment