How do I even begin to describe life at 16 months? If you were here, I'd talk your ear off!! :) I can't believe that I'm the kind of person that could never shut up about my little one, but I've come to realize, I am. If I had more time, I'd tell you every little detail. But somehow, she makes my life like some sort of time warp.
She loves the dogs -- Rita seems to be her favorite -- don't they make a cute pair? The second picture is her first storytime "craft". Daniel took her to storytime this week -- first time for dad & daughter storytime. He had a great time. Shelby, well, she tolerated it and the little people there. It's no dog park, but surely it beats staying at home...well, hopefully! Personally, I think Daniel enjoyed the craft time more than anything. Today, I walked her and the dogs. While she has a very limited vocabulary, it is so energizing to go on a walk and have her hear dogs barking, birds chirping and even planes flying overhead and she looks back and makes the sign for whatever she has just heard. This evening she's climbing the slide in her room -- yes, climbing. If her slide is out, someone has to be close by because she's determined to climb and slide. She's not quite coordinated to do it all by herself without falling. Last week my dad stuck a a little flag in a hole in her bed, now she wants anything in there -- the flag, a pinwheel, any thing with a stick to fit in that little round hole. Shelby loves music -- she'll dance to commercials, oldies, 80's rock, country, just about anything!
That's all I have time for tonight! She's 27 pounds and growing like a weed!
Sending you all hugs, smiles and belly laughs!



No comments:
Post a Comment