Sunday, October 26, 2008

We told 'em...

We told my folks last night. We told his folks tonight. No one believed us. We both thought that was rather funny.

When we told my folks, well, he told them, my dad's response was "Yeah right." My mom, well, she said nothing. It was a total "deer in the headlights" look, but really no reaction. She was at least smiling about it today.

Tonight we invited his folks, one of his mom's sisters & her son over for dinner. Of course, we knew what we were doing. We didn't have to invite his aunt, but if I could have invited my aunts over and told them all at the same time, I would have! Besides, we like her and of course her kiddos. His mom didn't believe us. She had just sat down with her plate of food, and she didn't believe it when he said it. She looked up, stood up, sat down and got up again, which was really kind of cute. Of course his mom and aunt screamed in excitement. If I'm correct, his dad's reaction may have been exactly what my dad's was, "Yeah right." Followed by, "Really?" I think his dad had more questions than anyone. First, how long had we known and more importantly, why hadn't we told him?

It was amusing to tell them that we've been doing little "sweeps" of the house before we let them come over. We had to hide anything that would let our secret out of the bag. His dad said there was no need to be so sneaky!

Honestly, I'm glad the secret's out of the bag! Maybe we should have waited another week or so, but it was hard work keeping my big mouth shut! It was hard to be around my parents without telling them what was going on with me!

No comments: