Well, I had my second doctor's appointment yesterday. My doctor smiled when I asked, "You're sure there's a baby growing in there?" Then she said, "There's not a doubt in my mind." So far, the doctor has been what I think I would want. She's very laid back, friendly, informative, and positive. Her primary concern is healthy mom, healthy baby. I cannot believe I'm even writing those words, relating to my life.
I told the doctor again, I had not told anyone. She smiled, and assured me it would be ok to tell people, or it would be ok to wait to tell people. At this time, we're around 11-12 weeks. So, we'll start breaking the news soon. I am excited to tell my folks, but I also dread it. I wish they could just know, without me having to say anything. I'm sure there will be lots of questions, and I guess, that's the unknown I don't want to deal with. I'm glad I haven't told anyone, I think it's been easier for me to figure out my own thoughts/feelings before going public.
Last night, I just had to break the secret to just one person. She had better not tell anyone for a few days. I completely trust her, and I'm certain I made the right decision to tell her first! She had the best reaction ever. Her excitement was incredible! I could not imagine someone else's reaction making me feel so good. I was still smiling about her reaction when I woke up this morning! So far, those few minutes on the phone with her last night have been the highlight of this entire event! (Of course, I've been pretty yucky feeling so far.)
Now, I just have to figure out what words to say to the rest of the family....
No comments:
Post a Comment