Well, when we actually become 3, I imagine there will be a tremendous increase of "stuff" in our house. I wouldn't say that we are "stuffed" in here at the moment, but no doubt we have a lot of extra baggage.
In general, we don't really get rid of things. So, Daniel has started culling through his things. What do you do with stuff??? He has bags/boxes of old clothes - t-shirts, jeans, shorts, etc. Yes, some are worn, but some are brand spanking new. They aren't things I would consider buying at a thrift store or Goodwill, but they aren't what I'd want to put in the garbage, filling land fills!
If you don't know, we've been in this casa for 8ish years and it took us the first 5 to accumulate furniture. (Or more, if you consider we bought the dining room table in October '08!) We have never managed to find a bedroom set that we actually liked and thought would be functional for our own room, now we're looking at furniture for a room for our new little person. There is furniture in our room and the "junk" room that we just didn't plan on getting, but somehow when it was offered, we came home with....(which, soon, I will quit calling it the "junk" room and realize reality and begin calling it either the "baby's" room or the "nursery".
This post has taken me weeks to get up. I had intended to post pictures of those adorable little baby things that are slowly "invading" our precious space! (Of course, they are not really invading, but for now, I'm sadly storing them in boxes in the junk room.) So far, we've received a really nice, plush elephant (that is NOT Dumbo) -- Horton, I believe is his name. Horton was a Christmas gift, I think technically it was the first gift for the little one. It wasn't until mid January that I realized Horton makes noise - he says something, but I don't remember what. He is really nice and so soft. Also at Christmas we received a bib and some basic baby supplies -- baby wash and powder. This weekend we received a Precious Moments trinket box. These are all very cute, and the thoughtfulness of the gifts is much appreciated! I've just been too lazy to snap pictures and post.
This weekend I also started the most basic organization of things in that room. UGH. I don't know why I've allowed any space to get that cluttered, but it is. I even thought about posting "before" shots and "after" shots. Before I started sorting the boxes this weekend, I was honestly too embarrassed to show anyone how bad that room had gotten.
Things are progressing. We have even started shopping for some of the essentials. I am hoping that we make wise and educated decisions about what we really need. So much of the stuff on the market seems to be marketed as a need, but in reality, we just won't need. There are so many decisions to make, and this should be the easy part.
I am hoping that at some time the lightbulb goes off, and I'll figure out more of what I'm supposed to be doing...about all of this "stuff".
No comments:
Post a Comment