Well, we're (he's) working hard on the progress.
Exterior paint of the house was complete. Any one drink Yoo-Hoo? Our house is similar to those colors. I feel as if I live inside a giant Yoo-Hoo drink.
Both bedrooms and the hallway have been prepped for paint. Wallpaper had to come down. Some sanding had to be done. Things moved out of the way. Windows covered. We're to that point now.
Most everything has been cleared out of the baby's room. Pictures are on my camera which is in the closet of the room that he's working in. The haze is too much for me, so I'm in the office. We've decided that for now, we'll paint the baby's room yellow. We had some vision of two shades of yellow, with a green stripe separating. We're down to the wire. It's 2:20 AM on Wednesday morning. We have to be finished and ready for the carpet installers on Saturday morning. Not really sure it's worth the trouble to paint it two shades of yellow, with that green stripe.
This journey is exhausting. Daniel is doing about 95% of home updating work, but I'm doing 100% of the baby growing. So, that's my excuse for not doing more -- believe it or not, watching him work is nearly as exhausting as doing the work!
Speaking of baby growing...the still un-named, team-member-in-progress and I have registered at the hospital. We begin going to the doctor every two weeks now. The three of us will even be taking some of those oh-so-exciting birthing classes. Not that I think that we'll really benefit from them, but (1) the doctor recommends them, and (2) I think it is part of the experience. That's it for now, if you're counting...we're 29 weeks into this, which means in 8-12 weeks, our little team member will be here. We can't wait to meet him or her! (And, luckily, he/she will not have to go through the paint or carpet process for years -- hopefully!)
No comments:
Post a Comment