Shelby's closer to 4 than 3...she talks non-stop. The only time she's not talking, she's either waiting for an answer to her question or she's finally sleeping. She can (and has been able to for some time now)carry on a conversation. I remember when she was a tiny baby, one of my aunts would come visit. She would tell Shelby all her secrets. She knew that in time, that would not be possible. That time has been here for sometime now.
Dean's 16 months. While I think Dada was the first thing he said that we considered a word. It was quickly replaced by Mama. Now, he integrates "mama" into his whaling cries. Take a toy away, "waaaa-Ma-Ma-aaa". Tell him no, "waaaa-Ma-Ma-aaa". Wake up in the middle of the night, "waaaa-Ma-Ma-aaa". I'm not sure if he really has any other words. Last week he seemed to be trying "I got". And for the last 2-3 weeks, "yuck" is what he's trying to repeat after he blows his nose. (He's quite talented at nose blowing, has been for the last month or two.) Every time I worry he's not verbal enough, I hear Shelby say, "Let's talk about our babies."...and yes, I think, if Dean doesn't talk right now, it'll be ok. Besides, I swear sometimes he looks at her and he's thinking exactly what I am....OMG is she ever going to stop talking?
So thankful for those verbal skills -- each child at their own pace. One happy family counting our blessings, maybe not out loud, but counting them all the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment