Well, my doctor gave me some practical advice when I met her the first time. Now that you're pregnant, go read two books about pregnancy. I had one already by that time. It is rather techincal and a little overwhelming, but it gives lots and lots of information, which I believe is good?
Last week, I had been bugging Daniel to go with me to the bookstore. Yes, I'm all grown up and could go on my own. He even told me to go on my own one night when I was trying to insist on him going with me at that very moment. It was cold or it was rainy and I really didn't want to go, and since he didn't want to go, it made it easy for me to blame him that I did not get my way. :) Then, this weekend, we tried a couple of times, but just ran out of time. So last night, when I was off to Target for the essentials, I also picked up my second book.
As he helped unpack the things from the store, he saw the book. He immediately commented on what a good idea it was to look for a book there. (I was in search of 2 books, but only found one. Still looking for ideas for names.) This book seems to be a little less medical, but hopefully a lot more practical. It's a week by week guide. Much to my surprise, he knew what week this is, and immediately sat down and read all about this week. What a guy!? I was quite shocked that he'd actually read the entire week; of course, it's not that long. He pointed out what he thought was important for each of us.
Of course, he feels he got some "bonus points" for reading it! In this stage of the game, there are only survival points, and I'm ahead. He's great and has been spectacular, but I've looked ahead at some of the chapters in both books. I think, just thinking about what is to come, I'm ahead in any sort of point system. We're off to the doctor tomorrow, we'll see what happens then.
No comments:
Post a Comment