OK, so I really thought picking out a name would be, well, the easiest thing in this entire process. Boy (or girl), was I wrong! We've tossed around this, and that, but so far, nothing that is really note worthy! After hearing the baby's heartbeat, I guess it was enough reality that we headed to the bookstore yesterday.
Let's say there's 100 books on pregnancy, well there's 40 on names. We went for the more is better book -- and I'm not sure that was such a good choice. It's 100,001 names. Surely, there's at least a couple of names in there we would like. WRONG. In all honesty, I haven't read every single name. I've made it to the girls names beginning with K -- and that's alot of names! We kind of like Gina. I did skip a few letters. I wish I could not have to look at the Hebrew, Arabic, Hawaiian, etc. names. Just nice, short, strong names. That's all I want to see. I think this might be a good book on tape sort of venture. Just someone reading names, like a roll call, except with the meaning of the name too.
So for now, boy or girl, looks like we'll keep calling the little thumper Troubadour. (Yes, it's because I liked the word -- it's not often used, seems timeless, and just different -- and the new George Strait song brought it to our attention.) It's better than being called "It", right? Besides lots of people have "belly" names. Little one, for your sake -- and ours -- I hope it doesn't stick! My parents don't let me forget that I was Bozo. If I remember correctly, one of my cousins was called Garfield. So, really how much worse is Troubadour?
We should have saved ourselves another trip to the bookstore, and picked out a baby book too. I was too overwhelmed with going through the name books and it was late; yes, we were at the bookstore at closing time. Some things never change, we're just adding another late night creature to our pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment