Accomplished
- Rooms painted
- New carpet
- House painted outside
- Most closets cleaned out, reorganized
- Most immediate baby needs purchased and waiting
- Dr., hospital, classes and other medical stuff...
In Progress
- Patio/carport is about 65% complete. This picture is nothing of what it is like today. This is the concrete that was poured about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday they got most of the cover up. But you can see the yellow house in the background.
- Taxes (Don't ask, just know that I hate working on taxes. I almost don't mind paying them as much as I hate prepping them.)
- Heal the Beagle, believe it or not, the beagle was diagnosed with colonitis yesterday. It's messy around here.
- Decide which pediatrician to go with.
Things To Do
- Prep hall bath for new person
- Spend some time organizing the kitchen so other people won't be shocked at the mess I keep.
- Buy a mattress for crib, buy some bottles, pick up a few other last minute things
- Wash baby clothes and put up, because I haven't done it yet.
- Get my first pedicure (Long story, I've never had one, if this is a little girl, I think I should experience one before I have a little person I think I should teach about these things.) Anyone want to join me?
- Do something fun, quiet, nice, just the two of us.
- Go into labor and safely get this little one out. :)
Much like in the movie Juno, I feel like I am the size of a planet. Often, I forget how big I've gotten, until I walk past a mirror, bump into something, don't fit somewhere, or have nothing to wear. Everyone around me has been great -- making me feel special and really ready to welcome this baby! I go from extremes of being ready to finish up this project, to freaking out that we're really going to have another living being depending on us. I hear it's normal, and while I'm sure we'll be just fine, it's huge all the same. Well, enough procrastination...it's back to those darn taxes that haunt me for the first three and a half months every single year.
No comments:
Post a Comment