Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 37

Well, it's Monday. I always intend to update over the weekend, but since that doesn't happen, here we are!

I've looked back on last week's "in progress" list...the patio is now called the pavilion due to the massive size. Due to all of the rain we had last week, it is not complete -- I'd say it's 85% complete. Taxes, thank goodness, are done. Rita seems to be healed, of course, Daisy then got sick. I have scheduled appointments to meet with pediatricians this week. Add that to another new experience for me -- I have never met with a pediatrician, as a parent or a patient. Growing up our family doctor took good care of me, and I would love to do the same, but I hear my family doctor will be retiring soon. Not bad for those things in progress. Plus at least three of the other items have been done -- which ones? Most of the baby stuff is put away. The hall bathroom has been stocked with baby supplies and most of the new baby items have been washed. It's Daniel's job to put those things away. No, I did not assign it to him, he assigned it to himself. He thinks that by putting away the clothes, blankets, etc. he will remember where to find them. Good luck, I spend a lot of time looking for where I put things! Lastly, one afternoon this weekend was spent cleaning out the kitchen. Since it's clean, I probably should not cook in it for at least a few weeks, right? It's super organized, I'm certain we will both have to look for anything in there!

As for my progress, this baby growing is still a little confusing to me. I mean, sometimes 15 minutes can go by, and I swear I've grown 5+centimeters. Surely this little one is growing well, but moving is another story. As for my personal belief, I think I'm hard of feeling, because I don't feel all of those magical movements everyone else tells me about. Last week, I spent at least half an hour on the fetal monitor to check for movement and heartbeat. Of course, who would mind such the opportunity? The nurse would even ask if I felt movement because she could feel the baby pushing on the monitor. See, I'm sure it's me not the baby!

Since we've hit the magical 37 week mark, theoretically we could expect this little one to pounce out at anytime. I'm hoping that will happen. I am already feeling the anxiety of May getting here and still waiting to meet this baby -- and by May, I'm afraid the baby will be huge, not tiny and cuddly! Patience...as needed in the beginning, needed throughout the middle, needed in the end...and forever more!

No comments: