As every other productive person in the universe, I have a "To-Do List" that will just not end. I cannot seem to wipe it out. Everytime I think we are making progress, it seems there are a dozen new items on the list.
Most of the home projects are done. Well, at least, I think they are as done as they are going to get before the baby makes his/her arrival. Some of the work projects are completed. Unfortunately, some of the work projects have yet to be started and they have to be done within the next few days.
There's lots and lots of stuff that we've done. For example, Daniel spent an evening assembling things and reading directions. We both spent time washing clothes. They've been folded and put up, ready for baby's arrival. The crib and pack 'n play have been prepared. Over the weekend, we put sheets on both the crib and pack 'n play. We met with a few pediatricians. While that was an experience, I think we have decided on one to go with. Put away extra items in the baby's room. Daniel has even read up on the video camera, so hopefully we can catch a few moments of the baby's first days on video. (He got a great video camera a few months back. It's just got lots of features, probably too many, making it rather complicated to operate.) So, we've been staying busy, very busy.
The new items added to the list this week...well, they are not that new. We have yet to pack that bag to take to the hospital with us. One of the books specifically says to have that bag packed and placed by the door so that you will not forget it. Honestly, how important is that bag??? I've gathered a few things I think we may actually need and thrown them in a drawer in our bedroom. Worst case senario, I guess I grab a Target shopping bag and throw those things in there. I can see us walking into L&D with a few plastic bags. Music. My doctor has been quite laid back, she has told me over and over again to get lots of rest. The only other thing she has told me is to have about 12 hours of music ready to listen to while in labor. Honestly, I think if I took every CD I own, I would not have 12 hours of music! On this rainy night, I'm working on compiling some music to listen to while we spend time at that hospital. I do not think I will ever have read enough to feel prepared for the L&D experience, much less the "parenting" events that will be coming at us faster than ever imagined. I'm also in the middle of attempting to obtain refunds and receipts for various medical expenses. The process of dealing with billing departments is aggrivating to say the least. People do not seem to understand why we need receipts for payments made, nor do they understand the importance of getting refunds processed in a timely manner.
These are some of the things that keep mounting my to do list. Of course, what would I do with my time if the list were complete??? I'd be incredibly bored -- and the wait for the baby's arrival may actually start to drive me crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment