This week marks 38 weeks on our journey to becoming a family of 3. What a week this has started out to be?! But, like that song goes, I know it won't be like this for long...and I'm sure at some point, I just may miss these days. Hopefully, we are both taking in this time for what it is and preparing ourselves for the transistion that is coming soon.
First of all, I am becoming more and more of a planet. Honestly, considering my girth, I think I am manouvering around pretty well. I certainly couldn't win a race -- not that I could before. Also, it takes me a few extra seconds to get in/out of the car/truck, or a few extra seconds to do anything! I do not have the "waddle" feature yet. Occassionally, Daniel will ask if I feel like I am going to tip over. Really, I don't feel like I may tip over, sometimes, I may just feel like I may not be able to roll over in bed, or get out of a chair!
The "stuff" actually has not overtaken the entire house at this point in time. We've stocked the room and the bathroom with the supplies we think we need. I'm sure we have some stuff that we will not need. On the other hand, there is probably some stuff that we will need and will either run out of or do not even know we will need! That's ok, because we know "stuff" is not what life is all about. We have plenty of the "non-stuff" for this next venture in our lives.
Today was our wedding anniversary. We look at it like we have so many other days in the last few months. While we are still quite happily married, we realize this will be our last wedding anniversary with just the two of us. Of course, we're ok with that, too. Daniel gave me a great wooden rocking chair for our new patio area in the back yard. It will be perfect for rocking the baby out there. (Yes, I'm rather excited to do that very soon!) I look forward to growing old with Daniel and spending those days rocking out there, or out wherever we may be.
Week 38 of pregnancy has had it's ups and downs. Yesterday was a super low, but today was higher than I imagined. I'm looking forward to a year of great days for all 3 of us. Next year, we will be sharing this day with the third member to our team.
No comments:
Post a Comment